Designed by Sweden and used all over the world since 1977. This so called Man Portable air defense system has been made for harsh environments where every shot matters.
Read more >>>
| FA 18
Designed and build in United States, this twin-engine multirole fighter aircraft is prepared for almost anything.
Equipped with air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons it can engage in almost any situation anywhere in the world. From 1995 when it was fist introduced it started its journey in 1999 in US Navy by replacing the old
F-14 Tomcat. Beside the US Navy it is also being used by Royal Australian Air Force.
The producer and designer McDonnell Douglas proposed the "Super Hornet" to improve F/A-18 models.
Super Hornet has been introduced in many variations which served different purposes but Hornet
and Super Hornet share many characteristics: avionics, ejection seats, radar, armament, computer.
But also have many differences in design of the frame. Super Hornet is a combination of stealth technology combined with advanced electronic capabilities and fearsome firepower.
There are three variants of Super Hornet, F/A-18E(single seat), F/A-18F(two-seat) and EA-18G.
It can engage with speeds up to 1.8 mach and has a range of 2346 kilometers.
* Maximum speed: Mach 1.8+ (1,190 mph, 1,900 km/h) at 40,000 ft (12,190 m)
* Range: 1,275 nmi (2,346 km) clean plus two AIM-9s
* Combat radius: 390 nmi (449 mi, 722 km) for interdiction mission
* Ferry range: 1,800 nmi (2,070 mi, 3,330 km)
* Service ceiling: 50,000+ ft (15,000+ m)
* Wing loading: 92.8 lb/ft² (453 kg/m²)
* Thrust/weight: 0.93
* Design load factor: 7.6 g
* Crew: F/A-18E: 1, F/A-18F: 2
* Length: 60 ft 1¼ in (18.31 m)
* Wingspan: 44 ft 8½ in (13.62 m)
* Height: 16 ft (4.88 m)
* Wing area: 500 ft² (46.45 m²)
* Empty weight: 30,600 lb (13,900 kg)
* Loaded weight: 47,000 lb (21,320 kg) (in fighter configuration)
* Max takeoff weight: 66,000 lb (29,900 kg)
* Powerplant: 2× General Electric F414-GE-400 turbofans
o Dry thrust: 14,000 lbf (62.3 kN) each
o Thrust with afterburner: 22,000 lbf (97.9 kN) each
* Internal fuel capacity: F/A-18E: 14,400 lb (6,530 kg), F/A-18F: 13,550 lb (6,145 kg)
* External fuel capacity: 5 × 480 gal tanks, totaling 16,380 lb (7,430 kg)
Specifications and general characteristics taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F/A-18E/F_Super_Hornet